The Like Hearts Lab Vision
Like Hearts Lab will sit on 100+ acres backing national forest or BLM lands in rural Colorado (Chaffee County) and will be built out in phases, culminating in a collection of experiences that encourages visitors to spend the day and eventually stay overnight. Its future home will depend on affordability of real estate, availability of fast internet service, visionary community leadership, local economic incentives, and proximity to recreational activities and a Colorado Creative District. LHL will ideally exist as a public-private partnership.
It will be an inclusive, accessible property welcoming and encouraging all to be and become their best selves.
Shipping containers or other modular structures will be converted into wheelchair-accessible tree houses and sprinkled throughout the land, serving as play/learn/create spaces and experimental retail labs for socially-conscious companies. A central hub space will serve as the welcome center and house a commercial kitchen, as well as classrooms for retreats.
When it’s socially safe to do so, Like Hearts Lab will host onsite events.
LHL will be a Certified B Corporation.
More About the Vision
We’re currently seeking visionary collaborators and partners to help bring this wild idea to fruition in rural Colorado.
- Downtown Container Park | Las Vegas
- Cafe Apartment | Saigon, Vietnam
- Color Factory | NYC and Houston
- Corbenic Poetry Path | Scotland
- Emerging Objects
- Greyston Bakery
- Happy Place | Las Vegas and Philadelphia
- Hideaway Woods – Museum of Life + Science | Durham, NC
- ICAN | LA
- Lambs Farm | Libertyville, IL
- Meow Wolf | Santa Fe, NM
- Wonderspaces | Scottsdale and Philadelphia
- 29Rooms | traveling
- Camp Jened and Crip Camp
- Quantum physics and how our thoughts become our realities
- Our need for ramping up meaningful, in-real-life connections
For more of the inspiration behind this, visit this Trello board:
More Critical Questions
- How might we engineer a human ripple effect of joy and inspiration?
- How might we curate experiences that integrate all the senses and send people out the door feeling energized and excited to contribute their best selves to the world?
- How might we create a place that encourages people to sparkle?
- How might we create opportunities for “serendipitous collisions?”
- How might we design for resilience, wonder, and curiosity?
- How might be build an open-source operating model with equity, accessibility, and inclusion at its core that can scale to other business and industries?